Powering our community.
Your co-op is made up of members like you and the highly-skilled professionals who work to keep the lights on. We live and work where you do—and we’re honored to help take care of our communities. Below you’ll find a number of ways Farmers engages with members like you. Be sure to contact us if you have more ideas!
2021 Scholarship Winners
The 2021 Scholarship program winners are listed below. Thank you for your participation.
- Jorja B. – Miller Grove High School
- Jaden L. – Lone Oak High School
- Johnny S. – North Hopkins High School
- Kaylee M. – Rains High School
- Kamryn H. – Miller Grove High School
- Avery G. – Rains High School
- Katie T. – Rains High School
- Carissa K. – Lone Oak High School
- Corbin R. – Greenville High School
- Dylan H. – Boles High School
- Lauren H. – Boles High School
- Nolan M. – Ford High School
- Kayla G. – Wylie East High School
- Rylee E. – Wylie East High School
- Kent M. – Wylie High School
- Ahron F. – Rockwall High School
- Kaitlyn M. – Como-Pickton High School
- Chloe R. – Como-Pickton High School
- Leslie H. – Como-Pickton High School
- Madalynn G. – Rockwall-Heath High School
- Molly W. – Royse City High School
- Randel J. – Farmersville High School
- Amanda P. – Plano East High School
- Anna S. – Rockwall High School
- Ezekiel E. – Wylie High School
- Nicole D. – Rockwall-Heath High School
- Kaytlyn L. – Rockwall-Heath High School
- Megan M. – Rockwall-Heath High School
- Kaitlyn M. – Rockwall-Heath High School
- Graham M. – Rockwall-Heath High School
2023 Scholarships - Now Accepting Applications
Thirty $500 Scholarships available.
Farmers Electric Cooperative created the scholarship award program to encourage and assist in the educational pursuits of high school seniors whose parent or legal guardian is an active Farmers EC member. The scholarship must be used within four semesters beginning with the fall semester for the calendar year in which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship funds are sent directly to the institution for payment of tuition and required enrollment fees, books, or equipment required for course work.
Rules for Applying
- Now Accepting Applications.
- Deadline to apply is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 14th, 2023
- Applicant’s primary residence must be powered by Farmers EC.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Student must submit a transcript for GPA accuracy.
- Dependents of Farmers EC Board of Directors and employees are eligible to apply.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing future educational and career goals.
- Download the PDF application
The scholarship application has been converted to an online process. This will help ensure delivery of submitted application files to Farmers EC by our deadline, and make it more convenient for applicants.
Submit Question to: Scholarship@FarmersElectric.
Request a Speaker
- Electrical Safety
- Energy Efficiency
- Distributed Generation
- Careers in the Electrical Industry
Use the form below to schedule a speaker for your event!
Farmers EC Sponsorship
Application Rules & Request Form
Use the form below for Farmers EC sponsorship!
Operation Round Up
Since 1937, when residents of Northeast Texas banded together to form Farmers Electric Cooperative, members have consistently demonstrated a desire and commitment to improve the quality of life in their communities.
While Farmers EC has expanded over the years, our members have retained the same desire to help those in need. Since May 2007, Farmers EC members have had the opportunity to help their communities by participating in Operation Round Up.
What is Operation Round Up? Operation Round Up is a voluntary program that gives members the option to have their monthly bill rounded up to the next highest dollar. For example, if your bill is $67.45, it would be rounded up to $68.00, with the additional 55 pennies going to Operation Round Up. The money raised by the program is used to directly support social, charitable, and civic programs in our community. Your pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters collectively can add up to be used to:
- Support local emergency service providers
- Nurture a healthy, independent lifestyle for the elderly
- Provide supervised and safe activities for our children
- Give a helping hand to our neighbors who need financial assistance
Your monthly donation could range from one penny to 99 cents, but nationally, the rounding-up feature averages out to about 50 cents per month – just $6 a year. This is only small change for most of us, but imagine the power when your contribution is combined with those of your fellow cooperative members.
Keep checking back here for updates! As the program moves forward, we will keep you informed about some of the ways your valued contributions are being put to good use in the local community.
- A. Fern Norville Center
- Additional Kare For Kids
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Boys & Girls Club of Northeast Texas
- Community SEEDS
- Community Services, Inc.
- Farmers Electric Cooperative Scholarships
- Healing Hearts Ministry
- Hopkins County Community Chest
- Hunt County Clothe-A-Child
- Hunt County Regional Health Foundation
- Hunt County Kids, Inc.
- Hunt County Shared Ministries FISH
- Kaufman Christian Help Center
- Lake Area Shared Ministries
- Lake Country CASA
- Rains County Good Samaritans
- Rockwall County Helping Hands
- Rockwall Committee on Aging
- School districts in Farmers EC service area
- The Crisis Center of Northeast Texas
- The Genesis Center
- Tri-County Veterans Honor Guard
- United Way of Hunt County
- Volunteer Fire Departments
- Wylie Christian Care Center
- YMCA of Greenville & Hunt County
Charitable Financial Report PDF
Application for Funding
Please complete the Farmers Electric Charitable Foundation Application and mail it with attachments to:
Farmers Electric Cooperative Charitable Foundation
2000 IH-30 East, Greenville, TX 75402